Friday, January 15, 2021

Don't give up

 The words were spray painted on a plain brick wall.  "Don't give up"  So here I am, blogging again because the friend I was walking with set me blogging as homework.  Never give up.  I'm doing the Race at Your Pace virtual 100 mile challenge this January and I'm pleased to see that I am just over half way now.  Unlike the friend I walked with, it never occurred to me to calculate how far I'd need to walk a day to pull this off.  (3 point something or other miles a day apparently)

Lockdown feels like that razor wire.  Having worked for the Army as a civvie, I know the purpose is defence - very necessary.  But I plan on having fun still and as the days lengthen, I feel a bubble of effervescent joy well up, stoked nicely by just over a hour of joyous conversation - books, lives, photos and sheer randomness (my contribution I think.  It's a day off - I haven' t just left my computer on and gone walkabout, so I started the walk with coffee and millionaire shortbread.  But I have had a pretty sugar free month so it felt overly sweet but still pretty good!


The reflections on the water at Double Locks, as we sat, swinging our legs on a backless bench





No comments:

Post a Comment