Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Black Dog

Today we have had mental health awareness training at work.  Such an interesting and enlightening day and so well taught.  It was a privilege to learn a little more and I felt a congruence between my values and role rather than having to always wear a tough front, working in a male dominated industry.  The tutor played a beautiful Youtube clip called "I had a black dog, his name was depression"  and I had the experience of being found out by a cartoon! Sometimes simple heart felt advice can be best presented by means that stealth under the logical radar. I am so glad that I had mentioned my journey with depression at my supervision session the previous week as it led to an offer of help in being aware of how winter vulnerable I can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment