Sunday, July 8, 2018

Thunder and Lightning


It's not often I long for a nice long, loud thunderstorm.  Today is one of those days.  It's sticky and humid and somehow I have lost my enthusiasm for endless summer sun!  I don't recognise me with my tan and stripy feet - and a proper "T shirt" suntan.  The air is sucked dry of all breeze and my head feels full of cotton wool.  Perhaps it is - I've either got an ear infection or it's solidly blocked up.  The flipside of being a swimmer who is only sometimes compliant with wearing a swimming hat.

Jellyfish appear on my new journal.  There's a jellyfish invasion on my favourite beach and I'm a little reluctant to haul back into the water.  There's a band playing in the pub at the end of the street and so I'm getting free live music.  They are good!! Taken together it's reminding me of 1976 when I was young and carefree and at my first guide camp.  Reservoirs drying up and cracking and water rationing threatened.  Ah the benefits of having a long memory...

Swimming in the sea with my dear friend, trying every stroke I have to swim round three buoys, slapping the buoy sides and ducking under the chop of the waves with open eyes.  Cheese scones and icecream, cream teas on the lawn to celebrate the NHS 70th birthday.  Good summer memories of the best weather we have had here in Britain for many, many years

No comments:

Post a Comment