Saturday, June 27, 2020

Thank you

A hearty heartfelt "thank you" to anyone who has been reading my blog.  I'm so grateful.  I love writing and can't imagine that life would be fun without it.  And yes, I know people read it as sometimes - like today, I check the statistics and do a double take.  People read it. The everyday ramblings of life.

Today has been a day for catching my breath.  And being grateful.  I have my office back after three weeks of being homeless at work, borrowing desks, moving my "chocolate spiders" teabag tin around, carting the footrest and coloured highlighters and desk calendar around.  So today feels a little more rooted.  The lady who has been using my office calls it the dungeon.  I call it the hobbit hole - much more affectionate I think.  It's quiet and peaceful and Mike in the drawing office is glad I am back - he's a quiet man and has had to listen to Wood & Woods "Mumbai call centre" - two ladies brought in (friends/wives) to phone up job centres to arrange crews attending to install their signage.  I may be annoying (to me anyway) but Mike and John - who usually works there too, both missed me.

My task for the next two weeks is printing, saving and extracting digital files. Oh joy! But I get to do something useful, work with someone I respect and make silly amounts of extra time up as overtime.  What's not to like.  And as it's quiet over the weekend and there is absolutely nothing to do in between the emails coming in, I got a bit of reading done. Upstairs, the men are just plain bored - waiting for the crews to finish the installations but under the managing director's eye and pressure mounts on them.  It's a tight deadline - two weeks to install all the front of house signage for all the job centres in England!!

No comments:

Post a Comment