Sunday, July 14, 2019

End of summer walkies



Annoyingly I can't tile or arrange the photos - cheapo Blogger isn't up to it.  Rather like me at the start of yesterdays walk which should have been Goodrington Sands.  Except that the driver - me - wasn't awake!  I picked Sandy up at 8am insisting we went for coffee first - me with hooded eyes and wearing a hoody and apparently "not connecting or listening" oh dear! (I get cold when I'm tired!) So we went to Exmouth with the car windows wide where a medium cafe nero was dumped in front of me.  Way to go when all I wanted to do was sleep - but sleep escapes me at the moment.

And walked. Exmouth to Budleigh in overcast, billowing breaks of bulging grey clouds and sticky humid air, which cleared as we dipped down into the pebblebed heath part of the walk.  I thought we'd done 6 miles but apparently there and back is 10 miles according to our tech.

I tell Sandy summer is fast ending - the flowers - thistles, daisies, dandelions are heading to seed and summer nights are drawing in.  She didn't want to listen.  Deep roots I might have but my eyeore tendencies are annoying!!

My chore of dead heading Sandy's mum's flowers was because I refused point blank to paint the "should be in the dustbin long ago" gnomes.  It's a summer ritual, keeping them looking spruced up in this mad house of a family that I call my 2nd home.


No comments:

Post a Comment