Sunday, March 17, 2019

Defiant

Sometimes song words get under my skin.  I'm incredibly word sensitive - that's two edged. I've had disagreements over words meant kindly, or just thrown flippantly at me. The flip side is mulling over words as I walk or drive.  Today we sung Rend Collective "more than conquerors"at church and I realise I've heard this before. I actually have the CD.  Somewhere. I tend to listen to music in the car more than the house. So I drive to Budleigh listening to the words "we are more than conquerors through Christ" and "we are defiant in his name" It's a brilliant, resilient, cheerful song, which you can only sing at a belt and with volume.  I want it to soak into me like water, like dye, like plants taking sap up.  Because a little gentle defiance is what is needed at the moment.  Along with knowing God loves me and being honest, gentle and persistent.  I am trying not to let fear get me under it's black ice grip and not always succeeding.  Defiance.  Definitely. Always fight, just be sure it's worth fighting for.

The sun was out for a brief hour and a half and the sea was strongly striped with deep jade and rusty brown.  The general fashion trend was sunglasses and woolly hats - and defiant ice cream eating!  Not for me.  I'll save that for holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment