Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Words

God With Us (He walked where I walk)

He walked where I walk (echo)
He stood where I stand (echo)
He felt what I feel (echo)
He understands (echo)
He knows my frailty (echo)
Shared my humanity (echo)
Tempted in every way (echo)
Yet without sin (echo)
God with us, so close to us (all)
God with us, Immanuel! (Repeat)
One of a hated race (echo)
Stung by the prejudice (echo)
Suffering injustice (echo)
Yet he forgives (echo)
Wept for my wasted years (echo)
Paid for my wickedness (echo)
He died in my place (echo)
That I might live (echo)
Graham Kendrick
Copyright © 1988 Make Way Music,

Didn't know I remembered this song.  I sang it all holiday week, it was so appropriate.  And I woke up with the lyrics in my head and spent an age searching the internet for it again today.  Hooray for stored worship songs and an extremely good memory.   Tempted - without sin, (I wish) He understands, wept for my wasted years - there are sufficient of them!  That I might Live.  Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment