Saturday, November 7, 2020

Autumn Colour

 On Wednesday, my friend Judith and I went to Rosemoor.  I'm not a huge fan of gardens, as this exchange gives away - me - "lots of dead plants, dead things, sticks" Judith - "pruned things Sal, colour"

Hmm, well I enjoyed the sculptures but the highlight for me was the display of pumpkins and squashes.  And seeing Judith relaxed and happy.  Since she won't read this, I treasure time with her, knowing that as she has cancer, it may be a shortened time of friendship.  I've been there before and it is hard. Even the coffee cake didn't have walnuts - she doesn't like them, so a good end to a day.  She was grumpy because I prevented her walking up the higher woodland walk - ususally extremely muddy! I know how determined and stubborn she can be, but sometimes resting on a bench in the sun is a fabulous prescription for a friend who doesn't rest!  Oh and I appreciated it too, celebrating the unreal feeling of having a new job!







1 comment:

  1. New job?! Hurrah Sal!
    Your comment - lots of dead things! - at Rosemoor, made me laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete