Friday, October 5, 2018

Hooray for DSE

DSE: another NHS acronym!  I've just had a display screen equipment assessment as I have been talking about having back and neck pain prior to a lovely much appreciated holiday.  I waded through 6 pages of nonsense and my supervisor and I have concluded 1) I have very short legs (!!) so I need a footrest and 2) I have the worst chair in the world - no surprise, I am the last in....

So I stealthily carried out a chair raid in the IT room next door and have a battered but serviceable one with a proper back and a seat that is actually level! We laughed that the form asks if the floor is solid and stable - it bounces and shakes as anyone walks across the room. The walls are strawberry icecream pink and splattered with ex blue tack stains. Delightful!  Frankly the whole building is hardly fit for purpose but the trees in the grounds are worth the location. 

I have just listened to radio 4 with breakfast and the scandal that is PIP assessments was highlighted. It seems typical of our government to target the most vulnerable instead of providing support.  It was an interesting way to start a rainy day whilst eating banana oat pancakes with blueberries. I am not a politician but surely there are better targets?

 It's raining so hard that the winter pansies are standing up and cheering!  I haven't the heart to wonder if they will still be around later or a bit too damp and wilted! I am writing to put off the thought of going out for a swim and a flu jab later - exciting stuff.  It's a good "domestic goddess" day as my friend calls it.  And there's more than enough work for the proverbial domestic goddess to do.  If she wants to come round that would be fantastic - otherwise sadly it will need to be me!




No comments:

Post a Comment